We’re very excited!
This winter Ottawa media and celebrities hone their photo skills to participate in a photo contest and exhibition at Ottawa Studio Works with an auction of the artworks to support the Ottawa Food Bank.
There’s a chance for member(s) of the public to participate with the media and celebrities. Keep reading!
Ottawa Food Bank photo
How it works:
• Event Launch
Sunday, January 20th, 2013; 10-11:30am
Patrick Gordon Framing
160 Elm Street, Ottawa, Ontario – enter off City Centre Ave.
Everybody is welcome to the launch at Patrick Gordon Framing to:
1. Hear their photo challenge and logistics.
2. Pick up their top photo tips sheet.
3. Learn some photo tips in an on-the-spot photo tutorial to help participants produce the best shots possible.
4. Learn how anybody can enter an online version of the contest
“Why I love Ottawa/Gatineau!”
The 15 celebrity and media participants then have until Monday, January 28th to email us up to three photo entries depicting “Why I love Ottawa/Gatineau!” Their photos will be printed, displayed by our sponsors and auctioned at the final exhibition February 23rd at Ottawa Studio Works.
Enter the Public Contest!
To enter the contest. Visit and like this page:
… And click on the camera to submit your photo or vote.
So, GET CLICKING!
And tell your friends.
You have until February 16th to enter!!
Also, follow the fun on twitter using the contest’s hashtag – #OttGatLove
"Why I love Ottawa/Gatineau" Ottawa Media and Celebrity Photo Contest
• Final Exhibition and Silent Auction
Saturday, February 23rd, 2013; noon to 8:30pm
Ottawa Studio Works
160 Preston St. Ottawa.
Thanks to our sponsors, participant photos will exhibited at Ottawa Studio Works where they will be auctioned to the highest bidder with proceeds to aid the Ottawa Food Bank. Donations will also be gladly accepted.
People’s Choice Award
The public will have their chance to vote on their favourite photos.
Visit the studio for your chance to meet the media and celebrities throughout the day on Saturday, February 23rd.
Media and Celebrity Participants:
Sandy Sharkey (co-host, Cub and Company, 839 BOB FM)
Stuntman Stu (Majic 100 Radio Host)
Jim Watson (Ottawa Mayor)
David Chernushenko (Ottawa City Councillor)
Peter Simpson (Arts-editor-at-large for The Ottawa Citizen)
Graham Richardson (CTV News Anchor)
Alan Neal (Host of All In A Day, CBC Radio One)
Ian Black (Climatologist, CBC News Ottawa)
Sarah Brown (Ottawa Magazine Editor)
Jane Corbett (Ottawa Magazine Art Director)
Trevor Greenway (reporter – Low Down to Hull and Back News)
Andrea Tomkins (Blogger)
Peter Tilley (Executive Director – Ottawa Food Bank)
About our Sponsors:
• Artopix – Digital Printer and long time print service provider in Gatineau (Hull).
• Patrick Gordon Framing – Custom framing, repair and installation serving fine artists and art dealers.
• Dave Andrews – Fine Art Printer. David is humble but provides printing service to high end artists and clients. His prints hang in prestigious galleries across North America.
• Ottawa Studio Works – Ottawa Photo Studio on Preston St. and the home of HarryNowell.com for photo exhibitions, portraits and photo classes.
Ottawa Photo Studio
About the Beneficiary of the Event – Ottawa Food Bank
“The Ottawa Food Bank was founded in the basement of the former police station on Waller Street in 1984. Originally intended to be temporary in nature, the Ottawa Food Bank has grown to become a staple food relief organization in the Region. Today, we support 140 emergency food programs that feed approximately 48,000 people per month – 37 per cent of whom are children.
Our mission: To collect and distribute food to Member Agencies serving people in need in the Ottawa area.
Our vision: That no one goes hungry in the Ottawa area.”
Ottawa Food Bank
Come and join the fun! Thanks to all that help to make this work!