In our photo course for Communications Professionals we offer a crash course to help people take better workplace photos. We briefly introduce the idea of archiving their organization’s photos and other digital media.
In the course I suggest an ideal scenario where all of an organization’s photos are centralized, appropriately key-worded and accessible to staff.
I usually get blank stares.
The task of finding, organizing and setting up such a system can feel overwhelming.
Managing Digital Assets Workshop
Colin has just launched a timely Digital Assets Course to help you how to take control of your organization’s inventory of digital assets (images, videos, logos, design files and documents) quickly and effectively, while saving time and money.
Over the course of the day you will:
• organize your current inventory of digital assets
• properly name files and folder structures
• organize your model and talent releases effectively
• non-destructively edit your current inventory of assets, with your team’s help
• create metadata for tagging these assets, in a new or existing digital asset management system
• decide which metadata are important, manage current incomplete metadata and create a controlled vocabulary for your organization
• determine which internal policies your clients are using, and the issues and legal considerations that affect those policies
• assess and use digital asset management systems
October 28th, 2014.
$685 + HST
Location: Central Ottawa
To register contact Colin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-277-7693.