Years ago a government communications staff member lamented about the quality of photos she had to deal with in her work. She admitted photos often came from staff with intentions better than their photo skills – the reality being there was not always a budget to hire a working photographer.
She suggested we offer a photo course for communications staff that would help people get better pictures of their work events…
… And Photography for Communications Professionals was developed. We have run this course for many, many organizations including Carleton University, Ottawa Airport, Library and Archives Canada, Passport Canada.
The one day photo class includes material from:
• Creative Fundamentals
• Natural Light Portraits
• years of shooting events
and packages it in a format geared to communications staff from government and large organizations.
1. There is a classroom section covering equipment, theory and challenges like consent forms.
2. A hands-on, practical session gives participants a safe environment to develop skills photographing:
• staff portraits
• podium speeches
• tricky lighting scenarios typical of events
• with and without the use of flash.
“Photography for Communications Professionals is the perfect length, perfect structure, and perfect information for government photographers. One of the best teachers I’ve ever experienced.”
This course is offered as a class and as a custom course for individuals or groups.
Wednesday, March 19; 8:30-4:30
• Morning: Classroom to be determined
• Afternoon: On Location shooting in central Ottawa/Hull
$600/person + any location costs
Available anytime schedules permit.
One person; full day: $775 + any location costs
Groups – please contact us for pricing
Location: Anything is possible. We can meet at your location or we can arrange locations.