Here is a review of some of the fun from our blog in 2009:
• Amazing footage – flying Norwegians Some amazing video footage. I’d love to try it but it’s be terrifying!
• Five Photo Goals for the New Year – Exposed! Photo Newsletter
• Post-processing – Cheating or tweaking? – Exposed! Photo Newsletter
• Dave McMahon and Lise Meloche photographed – We photographed this Olympian – World Cup duo:
• Ottawa Magazine feature – Our work on the National Team Whitewater Training site hits the News Stand.
• Stumped – Camera’s Creative Blocks – Exposed! Photo Newsletter
• Craft Conference in Ottawa – We were invited to speak at this event hosted by the Onatario Craft Council
• Photography for Communications Professionals – We presented a photo course for communications staff. It was very well received!
• Stock Photography – what’s going on? We wrote the first of three parts on trends in stock photography
• Assignment spotlight Two of the fun assignments of note – we photographed the work of a timberframe builder and a furniture builder:
• Wedding season – We highlighted some wedding work
• Mastering advanced motion techniques – May’s Exposed! photo newsletter sped up the action:
• We taught the Urban Landscapes Photo Workshop and a Sport Photo Workshop Very fun indeed:
• Bluesfest Business – We highlighted the business side of photography:
• Five Myths of the Photo Business – Our August edition of the Exposed! newsletter brought inn a huge spike of traffic. I think we hit a nerve!
• Sport Photo Event – We ran another sport photo workshop with horses:
• Quality vs Quantity – Our Exposed! photo Newsletter hit a common myth – more photos does not necessarily mean better photos!
• Assignment Spotlight – We posted some work we did for the Canadian Senate.
• Top Tips to get your photos noticed – Our October instalment of the Exposed! Photo Newsletter
• Assignment Spotlight: We shot some fun for an Ottawa private school.
• Custom Course – We ran one of these popular sessions for people who want personal attention or cannot make the dates of regular courses:
• Creative Networking Seasonal Social – Two and a half years ago I started a networking group for people working full time in creative fields. We now have 165 members receiving news with 10-25 different members attending monthly sessions.
• Dog Photos at the SPCA – We continue to assist the SPCA with a photo fundraiser. We have help from Santa and this year one of our ProProgrammers also photographed to gain experience.
Coming soon – “Sport Photos of 2009”