Tonight at the photo studio we hosted a photo exhibition by Ottawa photographer Blair Gable after a visit to the World Press Photo of the Year Exhibit at the War Museum.
We had a packed house with people in the back hall and lobby craning necks to see Blair present recent photojournalism work including photos of Stephen Harper, the Queen, Obama, Ferraris and other excitement.
Approximately 60 people passed through the studio over the evening. Many questions and smiles ensued.
Guests included other photographers, past workshop students, hobby photographers and one very cute dog. Some of the guests included:
- Ashley Fraser – news photographer
- David Kawai – news photographer
- Dave Andrews – printer. Not to be confused with…
- J David Andrews – stock & landscape photographer
- Steven Darby – staff photographer at the Museum of Civilization
- Younes Bounhar – travel and landscape photographer
… and many others.
The show & presentation was one night only however the show remains hanging in the studio for at least a couple of weeks – if you missed it a viewing can be arranged – just let us know.
A big thanks to Blair and everyone that made the event a success!