France came, learned and grew, enormously!
Help us send her congratulatory cheers as she graduates from the ProProgram. See her photos and visit PolarHorizons.com
France shares her recent photo experiences and photos:
“I first heard about the ProProgram in the fall of 2009 when you came to talk about stock photography & Iceland. Hearing one of your first pro-program students, Nathalie Madore, & you talk, I quickly realized that it was a program I could definitely benefit from.
About a year earlier, I had decided to make a drastic career change and wanted photography to be a major part of my new career path. I had so much to learn not only on how to improve my photography skills but also about the business side of things.
The ProProgram was a wonderful opportunity to benefit from the experience of someone who had gone through the process, who was willing to share his knowledge, skills, etc. Less than a month later I was registered.
The main benefits I got from joining the program include :
• My photography skills have undoubtebly improved. I feel a lot more confident. This year is the first time that some of my images made the short list of a provincial-level photography contest. I couldn’t believe it when I was told that not just one but three of my four images submitted had been selected.
• I have explored brand new areas of photography. I can’t wait to photograph new scenes, new destinations at the magical time of day.
• I have learned so much through the ProProgram by being in contact with various individuals who are passionate about photography. Sharing our experiences is so beneficial. Some of the “second degree” contacts I have made following my participation in the ProProgram workshops have had a major impact on my photography and new long-lasting friendships were born.
• Shadowing was a fun and most beneficial exercise of the program. It forced me to meet established photographers and learn from their own way of doing things. Chatting about their life experiences, about their successes or failures proved to be most useful.
• Both the workshops and the shadowing have helped me identify where I really want (and where I do not want) to take my photography.
• I always appreciated the fact that whenever I sent you a question by email, the reply came in a timely fashion. Every time, I was amazed at how detailed the answer was. You had obviously taken the time and effort to provide me with more information. You have always been very open to sharing your knowledge.”
Merci, France – I am always happy to see someone progress like you have in your ProProgram!