Welcome to our 5th annual Gift Buying guide for the photographer on YOUR list.
And a reminder to bring your photographer to our photo studio Open House this Saturday from 3pm-10pm – 160 Preston St., Ottawa.
• a craft for kid’s to create from 3-4pm
• a Large Format Camera Demo from 4:30-5:30pm
• Student photo exhibition – with a people’s choice award!
• greeting cards, prints and adiscount on workshop purchased while at the studio on Saturday
For this year’s gift buying guide we went to our readers for suggestions. This is what they came up with:
• “A winter edition of ‘Creative Fundamentals‘ please!!”
We’re offering Creative Fundamentals in the spring or anytime as a Custom Course.
This winter we ARE offering a subset of CF – “Exposure Basics – Mastering Manual Exposure Mode.”
• a modern Petzval Lens – looks lovely!
Always a good photo gift idea:
A prime lens with a big aperture. This is the quiet, little over-achiever that often goes unnoticed. A 50mm f1.8 or 85mm f1.8 allows for flashless shooting in lower light. Under rated but very useful for available light portraits and beautifully blurred backgrounds. Affordable, too!!
Leave these at the store
Inexpensive gadgets like lens cleaning cloths and wobbly $50 tripods. Save your money!
Have a safe and merry holiday season. Buy local – support your local businesses where possible!