Join us for a painting workshop with Rosemary Leach!
Grab this opportunity to bolster your existing painting practice or try acrylic painting in a supportive environment.
Experienced painters are encouraged to bring completed paintings, inspiring paintings to discuss their challenges and create exercises that address your goals.
• Friday’s session will focus on creating dynamic composition and getting comfortable drawing with a paintbrush.
• Saturday and Sunday will focus on colour mixing, building layers of paint, addressing tonal problems, and how to create a rich palette.
Who is Rosemary Leach?
Rosemary Leach has been painting in the Ottawa Valley for over a decade. Her paintings focus on the spirit of familiar objects; an old sink, a milk carton strapped onto an old bicycle, a messy countertop.
She is interested in the objects we leave behind and traces of a life well lived. The subject matter features a contemplative aesthetic, while her dynamic compositions and bold brushwork create a strong visual statement. Her work is featured in collections across Canada and in the United States.
Rosemary’s career began in teaching high school and shifted to the arts. Rosemary has worked as an artist in the schools teaching mural workshops, as well as providing private art classes and teaching art for the City of Ottawa.
Benefit from Rosemary’s art and teaching skills!
Friday, May 9th; 6pm-9pm
Saturday, May 10th; 9:30am-1pm
Sunday, May 11th; 9:30am-1pm
Workshop is held in central Ottawa at Ottawa Studio Works.
$375 + applicable taxes
• A large pad of newsprint
• A set of brushes for acrylic-multiple sizes
• A limited palette of colours (Wallack’s has a beginner set of six basic colours)
• Three canvases or boards ranging from 16 x 20 and larger
• A palette
• A water container, rags and a palette.
If you have an easel that is preferred. Otherwise tables and chairs will be provided.
This workshop is full!
Please contact us to be placed on the waiting list.
Or to register through a real, live human with credit card or cheque contact us by email or by phone at 819-827-9460.